Dry Winter Hair and Skin: Explained!
- Cold weather: A drop in humidity levels during winter causes water in your skin and hair to evaporate more quickly, leaving your skin feeling dry and causing wrinkles to develop. Your skin loses more than 25% of its ability to hold moisture in the winter! This cold air also leaves your hair feeling dry and brittle.
- Indoor heating: We spend more time indoors when it’s cold out, especially with the heater on. The dry indoor air will definitely dry out your skin and hair.
- Hot water: Who wouldn’t enjoy a hot bath or shower after a cold day outside? However, hot water can strip your skin of its protective oils, leaving the skin dry, scaly, and wrinkle-prone.
In these dry winter months, it is important to prioritize self-care! Below are our favorite ways to keep our hair and skin healthy in the wintertime.
- Hair Oil: Using a hair oil on the middle to the end of hair strands can help beat the cold and add moisture to your hair. Be sure to check the label on your hair oil to make sure it doesn’t have any drying ingredients like sulfates, alcohols, and polymers.
- Moisturize: Don’t be afraid to use more moisturizer than normal in these chilly months.
- UluRx Collagen Constructor & For Your Eyes Only: Our customized, prescription-strength face and under eye creams are packed with ingredients proven to hydrate the skin like Hyaluronic Acid and Niacinamide, as well as ingredients proven to build collagen in the skin, eliminating wrinkles, like Tretinoin. A customized solution to beat the problems that the cold weather can cause.
Tags: hair loss, hair growth, hair thinning, skin care, healthy skin, healthy hair, hair and wellness, causes of hair loss, self care